Monday, July 30, 2007

i find his voice soothing...



Lately, I've been finding myslef looking forward to Mondays. Monday means working and the the end of the weekend, just like during any other time, but I still like them. Mondays means the new This American Life podcast. I seriously love it. If you've never taken the time to listen to This American Life, you have to! It's been around since 1995 and has almost 1.7 million listeners a week (so I'm not going to pretend like I'm exposing you to this amazing new thing or whatever). I used to think it was hard to get in to, but the more I listened, the more interesting and enthralling it was. And usually is. I know Summer from the OC called This American life 'that show where they make regular people sound interesting' and it's true, and in many ways, I think that's the best part about it.


You can even watch it. I wish I had Showtime...

3 comments:

Stuff on my Bryn said...

Did you catch the one (it was on KUSP this last Sunday) about the "mentally challenged" news reporters? I heard it at work and my co-worker thought it was the funniest thing.

Rayho said...

Uh yeah!!! I put it on my netflix like immedatly upon hearing it!

Stuff on my Bryn said...

Sooo good. And then the talk of "Retarded Jeopardy" came up. Basically a bunch of autistic people who know everything but can't figure out the buzzer and end up just yelling. We're very P.C. in the service center.